Magazines - Founder
Michael AW is the founder of Asian Geographic Magazine – he was the publisher from 1998 to 2005. He also acquired Scuba Diver Australasia in 2001 and successfully launched the title into South East Asia and become the official magazine for the PADI Diving Society in 2004.
In 2007, Michael launch Ocean Geographic, the official journal for the Ocean Geographic Society.
Published Books - Principal Author
||Essential Digital Underwater Photography Masterclass
||ELYSIUM Shackleton Antarctic Visual Epic
||Indonesia’s Global Treasures
||Essential Guide to Coral Reef Fishes & Invertebrates
||Heart of the Ocean – Philippines: Palme d'Or International Prize for Best Book of the Year
||An Advanced Guide for Digital underwater photography
||Richest Reefs Indonesia Special edition - Accepted as official Gift of Republic
||Beneath North SulaweSea
||Sea Life of South East Asia - New Holland
||An Essential Guide for DIGITAL underwater photography - 2004, 2006 editions
||Underwater Jungles - Sarawak
||Richest Reefs Indonesia - Accepted as official Gift of Republic
||Journey of Dreams DVD
||Acropora - Staghorn Corals - Identification Awareness Guide - Dr. Carden Wallace / Michael AW
||Celebrate the Sea - Michael AW / Stephen Wong
||'Pohnpei - the heart of the Pacific." 1997 - 2nd ed 2001
||"24-hours Beneath a Rainbow Sea” - 2000 - Accepted as official Gift of Republic
||Tropical Reef Fishes - A Marine Awareness Guide
||In-depth Guide, Sea Life Festival Maldives
||A Day in the Life of the Great Barrier Reef
||ONEOCEAN Portraits - 1999
||"Tropical Reef Life - A marine awareness guide" - 2nd Edition
||“Dreams from a Rainbow Sea – Maldives” - 1997 - Accepted as official Gift of Republic
||"Ningaloo Reef - Australia's Best Kept Secret."
||Layang Layang - Jewel in the Blue Wilderness"
||" The Great Barrier Reef"- A Pictorial Guide.
||"Tanah Air - Bio-diversity of Indonesia"
||Tropical Reef Fishes- A marine awareness guide"
||"Beneath Bunaken" the first book of the sea for Indonesia - Gift of State Consulate General Office.
||"How to Shoot this Picture"- basic underwater photography training manual
Books - Major Contributing Author / photographer
- Dive Sites of the Indian Ocean - New Holland
- Reef Fishes of South East Asia - New Holland
- Diving Australia - Periplus
- Diving Great Barrier Reef Guide - Periplus
- Marine Life of South East Asia - Periplus
- Great Barrier Reef - Lonely Planet
- Encyclopedia of Indonesia - Marine Vol. EDM
- Encyclopedia of Malaysia - Marine Vol. EDM
- Faces of Fishing - Monterey Bay Aquarium Press
- The Enchanted Braid - Ohsa Davidson Gray
- Dive Atlas of the World - New Holland
Consultancy - Projects
- 1988 member, University of Singapore Coral Reef Survey Team, Singapore off shore islands
- 1988 member, Marine Park Survey, Pulau Tioman, Malayan Nature Society
- 1988 Diving Consultant, Project Battleship, NZ Forces Singapore
- 1989 Master Diver, Americ Marine, Phuket Marine Park Tourism Survey
- 1992 Project Leader, Marine Tourism Potential, Environmental Impact Survey for Indonesian Marine Tourism Federation. Sulawesi and Moluccas
- 1992/93 Chapter Leader- Reef Keeper Projects
- 1992 for the Indonesian Marine Tourism Federation and the Department of Tourism, Post and Telecommunication, led two coral reef survey expeditions to the Moluccas Islands and Manado, North Sulawesi.
- 1992 consult for 'The Serenade' Live-on board diving vessel.
- 1992 consultant for Murex Resort Manado
- 1993 International Consultant for the marine tourism for Maluku Tourism Board- Ambon Marine Festival.
- 1994 Expedition Leader and teacher for the Australian Museum Society' eco-tourism tours.
- 1995 Layang Layang Resort (Malaysia) - Diving management and recruitment consultant.
- 1995 consult for the 'Baruna Adventurer' Live-aboard vessel (Bali) Management and international marketing.
- 1996 Organizer and Co-ordinator for DEMA Asia 1996 - Ocean Futures Photographic Gallery Silent Auction
- 1996 Expedition organizer for David Doubilet of National Geographic to East Indonesia
- 1997 Derawan Sea Turtle Nest Adoption Project
- 1996 Derawan International Shoot Out Festival - Consultant
- 1997 Derawan International Shoot Out Festival - Consultant
- 1998 Consulting for Pohnpei Tourism Bureau , Micronesia
- 1998 Organiser OceanNEnvironment ‘s Mimpi SEA LIFE WEEK Bali
- 1999 Project Director and Producer – the “24-hour dive” project in the Maldives – management of live web broadcast and film documentary
- 2000 Consult for MSV Wind Cheeteh in the West Pacific
- 2000 Consult for MSV Flying Fish Maldives
- 2000 - organizer - Sea Life Festival Maldives
- 2002 - organiser - Outback Coast Sea Life Festival
- 2002 Celebrate the Sea –
- 2002 President of Jury Team - Video / Marmara Sea Festival - Turkey
- 2003 - Celebrate the Sea Malaysia
- 2004 - Celebrate the Sea - Malaysia
- 2005 - Celebrate the Sea - Singapore
- Consultant for MV Odyssea 1 – live-aboard in North Sulawesi
- 2006 – Celebrate the Sea – Singapore
- 2007 – Celebrate the Sea – Manila
- 2007 – explorer member – Inner Space Speciation Project – Celebes Sea, Philippines – a National Geographic, National Science Foundation and NOAA expedition
- 2008 - jury member Festival of Underwater Imagery – Oceanographic Centre – Valencia, Spain
- 2008 – Celebrate the Sea, Manila
- 2009 – Celebrate the Sea, Manila
- 2010 - Celebrate the Sea Manila
- 2011 - Celebrate the Sea, Manado, Indonesia
Published instructions, programs, courses
- NAUI Marine Awareness Program
- NAUI Deep / Wreck Diving
- Rescue Diving Techniques
- NAUI Creative Underwater Photography
- Underwater Videography
- Search and Salvage
- Cavern Diving
- Submarine Volcano Ecology Program
- Author -NAUI Marine Awareness Program
- Author -NAUI Marine Research Program
- Author -NAUI Deep / Wreck Diving Program
- Author -NAUI Ecology of Submarine Volcano Program
- Author- PATCH REEF AWARENESS program
"Beginnings Goddesses, Sirens and Mermaids
Todd Essick 2003
Consultant : Publisher & Concept. Foreword - Michael AW
'A Fish in My Heart'
Ron Steven 2006
Consultant : publisher & Designer : photo contributor